POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : inside_vector ??? : Re: inside_vector ??? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 20:16:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: inside_vector ???
From: Ernst Fritsch
Date: 6 Sep 2002 11:50:07
Message: <web.3d78cd8610f4d924df77d9a70@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann wrote:

>The text about inside_vector is surely not the easiest to understand for
>the beginner but it is correct and precisely and completely describes how
>things work.  Some hints how to choose the inside vector would be useful
>probably but not mandatory IMO.

Still I think the number of different opinions about the way this works
shows that the explanation may be complete and correct but definitely
not perfect.
Since a lot of people using POV-Ray are not into the mathematical theories
the program is based on these people (like myself) would appreciate some
hints
even if they may not be mandatory. (Although they are obviously mandatory if
you want "stupid" guys like me to understand that passage).